Thursday 13 October 2016

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

eTA is an entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to or transiting through Canada by air. It allows Canada to screen travellers before they arrive.

Visa-exempt foreign nationals need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada. Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid Canadian visa. Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, and Canadian permanent residents cannot apply for an eTA.
The leniency period that allows travellers to board their flight without an eTA ends November 9.
You are required to apply for an eTA before you book your flight to Canada. Most applicants get approved within minutes. 

To apply you must have a valid passport, a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or a pre-paid Visa, MasterCard or American Express), and an email address. It costs $7 CAD to get an eTA and only takes a few minutes to apply. Approved eTAs are valid for up to five years.

No comments:

Post a Comment